Tuesday, April 25, 2006

woo me baby

so i'm sitting at my desk minding my own business when my phone rings. i glance down and flip open the phone.

text message? hmm...

and aries man, the cat i was talking about from saturday, the brotha who evidently heard me when i said in a throwaway comment "gwendolyn brooks is one of my favorite poets ever"...has sent me this:

To be in love

To be in love
Is to touch with a lighter hand.
In yourself you stretch, you are well.
You look at things
Through his eyes.
A cardinal is red.
A sky is blue.
Suddenly you know he knows too.
He is not there but
You know you are tasting together
The winter, or a light spring weather.
His hand to take your hand is overmuch.
Too much to bear.
You cannot look in his eyes
Because your pulse must not say
What must not be said.
When he
Shuts a door
Is not there
Your arms are water.
And you are free
With a ghastly freedom.
You are the beautiful half
Of a golden hurt.
You remember and covet his mouth
To touch, to whisper on.
Oh when to declare
Is certain Death!
Oh when to apprize
Is to mesmerize,
To see fall down, the Column of Gold,
Into the commonest ash

__________________________________________

yeah, it's one of my favorite poems by her.

you know, it's the little shit really. i wish more brothas got that concept cuz a little effort like this goes a long way. that brotha is wooing this sista. i almost want to let him woo. SHIT.

what are the little things a brotha or sista can do to woo you?