Thursday, March 23, 2006

the time has come

separation.

what an ugly word for something that could prove to be the most liberating thing i ever experience in my life.

but then, words are given the power by us. we determine how to interpret a word. we determine if a word will make us fluid or finite.

so 'separation' isn't an ugly word. it's the most beautiful word in the world.

what will separation mean for me?

it will mean a time for serious introspection, a time to be by myself as i try to gain perspective on my life and my purpose in the world. it will mean being able to focus on building me up from the inside, on giving my mind and body and spirit the nourishment they need in order to make me stronger as i face the days, weeks, months, years, decades ahead of me.

it will mean finally falling in love with me.

i can only hope it means the same for him.