Friday, December 22, 2006

if i could have it...

if you could have the christmas of your dreams with all the gifts you ever wanted, what would they be? none of that 'world peace' and 'an end to world hunger and homelessness' stuff here. this is strictly for you and i'm talking about the concrete and material stuff.

me?



1. lexus sc 430 hardtop convertible. man, i've never really coveted a car until i checked this one. yeah, i know it's not set up for family, but you know what? i ain't trying to have folk ride in here with me. this is strictly for myself. i'd drive it to feel the wind stirring the dandruff on my scalp, teasing my locs into a freeflowing cape behind me. shoo...i'd probably have the top down in the dead of winter too...









2. a trip to paris, france. scarlettrae got me on this one with her tales about the history of black artists and muscians there. i wanna see it, wanna see the history of my folk in a place where there isn't the history of oppression as there is here in the u.s. not to say things were perfect there, but i know many of them were able to do things there creatively they'd never have been able to do here.









3. man, i've been damn near sliding in my panties over this one. i've never had a bla.ckberry in my life and i'm this close to getting one. as soon as i pay off my credit cards (debt-free by february 2007 except for the car note of course), i'm getting this damn phone. my attention deficit disorder demands i do so. the idea of having everything in one place is enough to make me wanna find the people who made this thing and hug them all (and if one of them happens to be a cute nerd type wearing wire-rim glasses and carrying a big stick, i'd be willing to at least consider giving up a little coochie. dang...i sound a bit easy...oh well...



4. i have always wanted a house on the beach with floor to ceiling glass windows facing the ocean. funny, cuz i'm actually afraid of large bodies of water, but i can check it from my house.














i'd be able to watch the sun rise or set over the ocean's horizon. i'd hear the waves crashing on the shore below my windows. this probably ain't the safe route considering the hurricanes, but i'd make sure i had a nice crashing spot somewhere inland too. speaking of which...






5. a condo in manhattan where i get a view like this would be perfect. straight up, if i had the loot this would probably be the first place i'd head. i've always wanted to live in a highrise with spectacular views and plenty of windows!









6. i've never ever been on a cruise, and wasn't really pressed about it until i checked this baby out on the dis.covery channel. queen mary 2...whaaaat! you can actually take a cruise around the world on this thing! think i wouldn't? if i had the cash and the time i'd be all up ON this. here's the intinerary...some of the stops include brazil, hawaii, egypt, and italy...places i've always wanted to go! i'm telling you...THIS one is gonna happen within the next ten years.

7. i'd be hiking the grand canyon. my parents went there a couple of years back and they came back with the most spectacular photos and a look of pure awe on their faces. i don't think i've ever seen that look on their faces before, so when they told me about just how overwhelmed they were by the majestic views and sheer massiveness of the grand canyon, i knew i had to go there myself. i'm not gonna just see it from a viewpoint though. i wanna experience it, get red dust on my skin and smell the trees drying underneath a burning sun. i wanna be that small grain of sand sliding down the middle of the earth's asscrack. speaking of the earth's body parts...

8. i'd make a trek to the earth's womb, better known as africa. a safari woule be the bomb. i'd check out nature's beauty and its beasts (from a safe distance of course...i ain't going out like those crazy folk you see on that show 'i should be a dead mofo cuz i was stupid enough to get close to a lion and think that sucka wasn't gonna try to bite my head off'). i'd be reminded of just where i really am in the food chain according to the divine design, not man. i'd walk the same lands my ancestors walked and hear whispers of their existence in my ears while their spirits soaked my soul. no doubt i'd leave that womb reborn...

man...that's all i can think of at the moment, but i'm sure later i'll be like "DAMN! I SHOULD HAVE ADDED [insert obvious shit here]!"

in the meanwhile, what would YOU want? again, this is purely for you, not for anybody else, and it doesn't involve any kind of abstract longings!