Friday, July 28, 2006

it's not writers block

it's overload

an overload of feelings flooding my mind, a deluge of fragmented images soaking my conscious to the marrow as i try to stay afloat long enough to salvage at least one thought before it's swept away by the roaring tide of my emotions. i'm trying to wait out the storm but i find no solace, no shelter so that i can at least focus long enough to complete a sentence. instead my ideas are all ending in ellipses...

and i'm crashing against the bobbing objects of stories abruptly cut short, their unfinished surfaces splintering my skin with the serrated edges of shredded endings, their teeth whittling away my flesh until i'm a figure of asymmetrical aggravation...

so this morning i've stuck my finger down my psyche in hopes i can regurgitate something discernible, something that will be my life raft until i can pull my thoughts from this raging ocean of emotions onto something that will allow it to dry beneath a cloudless sky of concentration, warm itself beneath the golden rays of his inspiration, and eventually form a completed entry...




if only i could get rid of these fucking ellipses, i'd feel as though this were finished...