Friday, July 01, 2005

we interrupt this regularly scheduled family drama for a word from our sponsors...

what.a.week.

last friday a friend of mine died at the age of 35 of bone cancer. he lived almost exactly a year after his diagnosis. he leaves behind a wife and daughter and a bunch of family and friends who will miss him dearly.

dex went out of town to charlotte last weekend for a convention, and i stayed home and hung out with friends. i'll be talking about that in a future post, believe me.

i finally decided to quit the second gig i have as a program coordinator for a girls technology program. it was a tough decision to make, but i'm tired of working for poverty pimps. i'll be meeting with them next week to put in my notice, and hopefully i'll be able to volunteer my services elsewhere until i can get my own non-profit organization off of the ground.

wednesday i had a midterm in my american history class. NINE essay questions. NINE. and i had three hours to answer them. by the end, i felt as though my hand had been run over by a train and every cell of my brain had been sucked dry by a vampire with an insatiable thirst for knowledge. i think i lost ten pounds in just brain matter alone.

last night i hit my tiniest foot toe against the ottoman in the living room and now it has swelled to the size of a horse's nutsack. i can't walk on it without pain shooting through my foot, but i can move it so i know it's not broken. this guarantees i'll be limping around for the july 4th weekend. DAMN.

today i'm at home resting the toe after calling in to work. i'm sure they're not happy about me not being there, but they can kiss my ass. i've got my foot elevated and iced up.